OK so we over ordered. Serves us right for heading somewhere for lunch at 1.00pm without consuming anything other than a cup of coffee. Never fear this BBQ joint makes for great leftovers. In fact Smoque [via] is in our books the best BBQ in Chicago for sure. I know everyone has their favorite, not looking to pick a fight, this just happens to be OUR favorite.
Big thanks to our friends S&M for introducing us to this wonder and to my new addiction with the BBQ’d Baked Beans. If you are heading here, getting carry out, or having a party catered we are offering up a few tips as to what [again in our opinion] YOU MUST try:
- The sides on the menu are so incredibly good, they could, actually they should, be a main course, they are certainly not an after thought in any way shape or form.
- Typically I find BBQ’d beans too sweet or too vinegary, Smoque’s version are perfectly balanced and smoked [oh so good], the dish has restored my faith in beans.
- And let us not forget to mention the mac’n'cheese – someone get me a bucket full.
- OK the meats. The brisket is best served sliced [and could be called 'smoked sushi of the south'].
- The St Louis ribs fall off the bone and dipped in all those luscious sauces who can stop?
- The chicken great as a leftover in a salad with avocado romaine lettuce and a caesar dressing.
Go check it out – it is all good. Then come back and tell us what you think?