Here is our take on our favorite haunts in the Humboldt Park & Logan Square neighborhoods. It is just our 2 cents on what we think you should put on the EAT | SEE | STAY list. Have fun exploring our handsome city.
We love these hilarious banners. Check them all out over here.
- Bang Bang Pie – They make great pies, but the buttery biscuits are what get us going there.
- Billy Sunday - Fantastic cocktail bar that serves really good food.
- California Clipper – Old time Chicago bar with amazing original decor.
- Fat Rice - Something different & damn tasty – voted by Bon Apetit as a Top 10 Restaurants in America in 2013.
- Feed - Cheap & cheerful BYOB chicken joint [R&H review]
- Gaslight Coffee Roasters – A good brew & lovely packaging too.
- Goosefoot – Ok it’s more Lincoln Square – Fine dining & BYOB – cozy initimate small room [R&H review]
- Honey Butter Fried Chicken - Crispy goodness finished with smoked paprika salt & served with a side of honey butter. MMMmm so good. It’s counter service then find a table. Casual.
- Longman & Eagle – Long lines form here for the great food & booze they serve.
- Lula Cafe – Open for breakfast, lunch & dinner a solid go to restaurant.
- Parson’s Chicken & Fish – Frozen Negroni & fried chicken enough said.
- RootStock - Favorite little wine-bar with excellent food [shh don't tell anyone] [R&H review].
- Scofflaw – This is a boozy neighborhood, more great cocktails & food.
Insiders tip: Get to Fat Rice | Longman & Eagle | Parson’s as they open as they don’t take reservations.
- Humboldt Park – A beautiful park with a fabulous field house, boat shed & pond, great to stretch your legs and enjoy the fresh air. Sample some of the Puerto Rican food trucks too.
- Riot Fest – An annual music festival.
- Festivals & Events: There are loads of summer based activities in this area check lists for details
- Longman & Eagle – There are only a few rooms so book fast.
- Time Out Chicago: Humboldt Park / Logan Square
- Chicago Magazine: A Guide to Lincoln Square & here Logan Square
ABOUT THESE GUIDES: We will be updating as things close/open, & our tastes change. You can see other Chicago Neighborhood Guides here.