Here is our take on our favorite haunts in the Pilsen & Bridgeport neighborhoods. It is just our 2 cents on what we think you should put on the EAT | SEE | STAY list. Have fun exploring our handsome city.We love these hilarious banners. Check them all out over here.
- Birreria Reyes De Ocotlan – This spot is all about the goat, and the goat soup/consommé is what you should stop in for, deliciously rich but somehow light, it was a delightful surprise, along with the service, so friendly and filled with smiles.
- HonkyTonk BBQ - Quirky southern BBQ joint – finger lickin’ good.
- Nightwood – A Food & Wine best new chef award and for good reason. I love the Brunch, but great for other casual meals too [R&H review]
- Maria’s Packaged Goods – A hole on the wall bar. Great cocktails. A must visit. Grab a pie next door and have it delivered here with its ready.
- Pleasant House Bakery – The best savory pies in the US hands-down, a small little bakery / fish & chip shop [R&H review]
- Simone’s Bar – The decor is ‘hipster-chic’ made from recycled pinball machines, bowling alley lanes & an assortment of other factory parts. It is really creative in design, very comfortable, good friendly service, and an interesting beer selection. They have a decent food menu too.
- Skylark – A tidy little dive bar, with surly service as you would expect, cheap drinks and a old-school-chicago-bar experience worth having, they serve food too – top of the list tater-tots – yum!
Insiders Tip: Take an Urban Culinary Adventure and hit almost all the spots in one trip. Head back again for breakfast at Nightwood.
- Festivals & Events: There are loads of summer based activities in this area check lists for details
- We don’t have any recommendations for you at this time.
- Knee Deep Vintage – if you like vintage attire this is a good spot.
- Fabric Store – Even if yo are not looking to buy fabric – this place is fun to explore, head to the basement.
- Chicago Magazine: A guide to eat / shop & play in Pilsen.
- Chicago Magazine: A guide to eat / shop & play in Bridgeport.
ABOUT THESE GUIDES: We will be updating as things close/open, & our tastes change. You can see other Chicago Neighborhood Guides here.